30 Dec 5 Ways to Recover from the Holidays, Naturally
5 Ways to Recover from the Holidays, Naturally
In this article, I’ll teach you 5 ways to recover from the holidays, safely and naturally. These simple strategies will get your brain and body back online fast, so you can step into the New Year fully charged and raring to go.
Ahhhh, the Holidays…
It’s that time of year again, yes, the Holiday Season. Its a time of coming together, of celebration, of family, old friends and loved ones. The soft glow of delicate lights lulls us into a state of happiness and bliss. Surrounded by all the sounds, smells and memories that conjure up feelings of warmth and nostalgia…..
And as you all very well know, the holidays can also be an incredibly rushed, hectic and exhausting time of year as well– too many places to go, people to see, foods to eat, drinks to drink– a veritable traveling circus of hustle, bustle and mayhem. Don’t forget the late night parties, lack of sleep, frantic pace, cold weather, bugs and flu and incessant Christmas music EVERYWHERE.
What’s a poor soul to do to avoid that quick road to cold, exhaustion, and flu?
If you are one of the millions of people who gets wiped out during the holidays, then learning how to nurture your brain and immune system back to life will be of the utmost importance for you.
5 ways to recover from the holidays, naturally:
Step 1: Drink 3 cups of bone broth a day
- Fantastic for providing warm, loving, dense nutrients that are easily assimilated by your body
- Click here for a quick and awesome recipe by Michelle Tam of Nom Nom Paleo
Step 2: Sleep in
- Replenishes your immune system, clears your nervous system of toxic buildup, and puts a lovely smile on your face
Step 3: Spend New Years Day unplugged
- Allows the default network of your brain to take over and process the most salient things that have recently happened and gives your brain and body some much needed downtime
Step 4: Take a high-dose of Vitamin D
- Activates the T regulatory cells of your immune system to help lower inflammation
- I recommend a liquid emulsified form to enhance absorption
- 10,000 IU a day for one week
Step 5: Take a high-quality probiotic supplement
- Balances the gut and boosts your immune system
- Look for a gluten-dairy free source
- 15 billion CFUs twice a day
TIP: Bookmark this article and revisit on January 2nd, 2016!
In the meantime, have a wonderful and nourishing holiday and I’ll see you all in the New Year!
To Your Total Health,
Dr. Titus Chiu